AMERICORPS MEMBER BENEFITS & RESOURCES
AmeriCorps is an opportunity to make a big difference in your life and in the lives of those around you. It’s a chance to apply your skills and ideals toward helping others and meeting critical needs in the community. There are more than 80,000 Americans across the country participating in AmeriCorps each year. All of them are tackling different problems in different ways.
While serving in AmeriCorps, members
- earn a modest living allowance.
- place their qualified student loans into forbearance during their service term.
- receive healthcare benefits (full-time members only).
- receive childcare benefits (full-time members only and must qualify).
- receive on-site training.
- earn an education award to pay for college or pay back student loans.
In addition to serving their communities, AmeriCorps members engage in new opportunities where they can gain skills in areas such as:
As an AmeriCorps member, there are a host of resources that can assist you during your service year. Below are a few suggestions on where to start. If you still have questions, please reach out to the Kansas Volunteer Commission at email@example.com, contact the National Service Hotline at 1-800-942-2677, or ask your site supervisor/program director for more information.
CHILDCARE (must be eligible)
COMMUNITY BUILDING SKILLS
ELI SEGAL EDUCATION AWARD
HEALTHCARE (full-time members only)
- Healthcare Options
- Member Assistance Program (MAP) or call 1-800-451-1834. Confidential counseling and referral service for current AmeriCorps Kansas members. *Please note, this is opt-in service for each AmeriCorps Kansas program, check with program director for availability.
RESUME AND CAREER ADVICE
SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SNAP)
STUDENT LOAN ASSISTANCE
OTHER SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES