REGISTER FOR THE FIVE-PART INTRODUCTORY ONLINE COURSE ON DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
The Kansas Volunteer Commission presents five Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) learning sessions intended to provide participants with an introduction to DEI concepts and vocabulary. The course developed by Dr. Bongi Wenyika, addresses the following topics:
- History, Immigration, Assumptions and Myths About What is American
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Definition, Dimension and Types of Diversity
- Dynamics of Inequality
- Understanding Disability by Challenging Ableism Through Inclusive Practices
- Raising Awareness of LGBTQIA Challenges in Communities
The DEI course will open in Google Classroom on March 29th and participants will have access for one year. This is an on-demand course that participants can progress through at their own pace.
Each learning session in the course will have a pre-recorded video and a workbook in Google Classroom. The workbooks will contain:
• Vocabulary for each learning session
• Activities to be completed while following along with each video
• Reflective activities to help participants think about what they have learned
• Homework to prepare participants for the next learning session
• Resource lists for further learning around each topic
In addition, the Google Classroom will have a general DEI resource library with resources that are not specific to the course but are relevant to DEI work and learning.
The cost for the entire five-part DEI course is $25. Once registered, invoices will be sent the Friday following the registration date. Invoices must be paid before access to the course will be granted. Credit cards are not accepted. Scholarships are available upon request.
If you have questions, please email Meg Pearson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Kansas Volunteer Commission is pleased to announce funds to support the civic engagement of youth in grades K-12. For this grant, applicants may choose to engage in youth civic engagement activities AND/OR provide training to volunteers, staff or students in support of youth civic engagement. To learn more, click HERE!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER:
By subscribing to our e-newsletter, the Kansas Volunteer Commission can guarantee that you will be sent monthly updates about the 2021 Mini-Grant Series and other funding opportunities.
PARTNER WITH US AND HELP KANSAS!
Follow our social media posts:
Email email@example.com to join the Kansas Association of Volunteer Engagers (KAVE) Basecamp