AmeriCorps is an opportunity to make a big difference in your life and in the lives of those around you. It’s a chance to apply your skills and ideals toward helping others and meeting critical needs in the community. There are more than 80,000 Americans across the country participating in AmeriCorps each year. All of them are tackling different problems in different ways.
While serving in AmeriCorps, members
- earn a living allowance.
- place qualified student loans into forbearance during service term.
- receive healthcare benefits (full-time members only).
- receive childcare benefits (full-time members only and must qualify).
- receive skill development and practical employment experience.
- earn an education award to pay for college, pay back student loans, or add to family member education.
- find your passion
As an AmeriCorps member, there are a host of resources that can assist you during your service year. Below are a few suggestions on where to start. If you still have questions, please reach out to the Kansas Volunteer Commission at AmeriCorps@ksde.org or contact the National Service Hotline at 1-800-942-2677.
FIND YOUR FIT AND BECOME PART OF THE GREATER GOOD.