This Grant Application Period Closed 12/16/2021
Mentor Kansas, in partnership with the Kansas Volunteer Commission, is proud to announce a new mini-grant opportunity to help volunteer and mentor organizations in Kansas build their capacity around social justice. Mentor Kansas and the Commission strive to increase power, representation, and agency among historically marginalized communities. We believe in the fair treatment of all people in a society, including respect for the rights of and equitable distribution of resources among members of a community.
Mentor Kansas, in partnership with the Kansas Volunteer Commission awarded the following organizations:
- Elizabeth B. Ballard Community Center
- Boys and Girls Club of Lawrence
- Child Advocacy Center of Sedgwick County, Kansas, Inc.
- Children First CEO Kansas, Inc.
- Crosslines-Community Outreach, Inc.
- Episcopal Social Services, Inc. (DBA Breakthrough)
- Hands On K-State
- Kansas Appleseed
- Peace Connections
- The Family Conservancy, Inc.
- Thrive Allen County
- Topeka and Shawnee County Public LIbrary
- United Way of Douglas County
The Social Justice Capacity Building mini-grant focuses on initiatives or projects that support social justice and addresses one of the following:
- Access, inclusion and participation in all programs, services, and opportunities;
- Empowerment of individuals/communities to voice what is most important to them;
- Action to recognize injustice and navigate differences of power, privilege, and oppression.
The following entities are eligible to apply: public or private nonprofit organizations, including faith-based and other community organizations; school districts and institutions of higher education; government entities within states or territories (e.g., cities, counties); labor organizations; partnerships and consortia; and Indian Tribes. Projects must take place in the State of Kansas.
GRANT PROJECT PERIOD
Projects under this proposal must take place from January 1 – June 30, 2022. Mini-grant awards will be announced on or before December 29, 2021.
GRANT APPLICATIONS CLOSED DECEMBER 16, 2021, AT 5:00 PM
For other questions, contact email@example.com