The Kansas Volunteer Commission will make available several opportunities for technical assistance including courses provided at no cost from On3Learn, webinars from WordCraft, LLC, and one on one consultation with KVC staff.
On3Learn provides a 5-course series intended to help organizations interested in applying for an AmeriCorps grant understand the many details of the application and the great opportunity ahead of them. If you would like access to the first course, “Is your Organization a Fit?”, please reach out to email@example.com.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR AMERICORPS STATE FUNDS?
Kansas Volunteer Commission administers a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) process to solicit applications from eligible organizations. The NOFO is available in September/October of each year and provide details on the application requirements and submission details. To receive notice of grant opportunities, join our contact list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
An organization should begin the process by answering the below questions.
- What critical needs does your proposed program address?
- Can you utilize at least five Member Service Years (MSY) at your organization?
- How will your program recruit, train, engage and manage AmeriCorps members?
- What will your program design look like?
- How will you manage the administrative, programmatic, and fiscal aspects of the program?
- Who are the potential community partners in collaboration with your program?
- How will you meet the matching requirements of a federal program?
- How will you measure direct and demonstrable results of your program through performance measures and program evaluation?
To prepare for next year grant period please review our toolkit resources below.
Organizational Fit Resources
More questions? Please contact us at KVC at email@example.com for information.