To recive a grant from the Kansas Volunteer Commission all projects must take place in the state of Kansas and all entities that apply must have an Employer Identification Number (EIN), Dun and Bradstreet University Numbering System (DUNS) and must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) prior to applying.


What Is a D‑U‑N‑S Number?

D‑U‑N‑S stands for data universal numbering system, is used to maintain up-to-date and timely information on more than 330 million global businesses. The Dun & Bradstreet D‑U‑N‑S Number is a unique nine-digit identifier for businesses. This number is assigned once our patented identity resolution process, part of our DUNSRight methodology, identifies a company as being unique from any other in the Dun & Bradstreet Data Cloud. The D‑U‑N‑S Number is used as the starting point for any company's Live Business Identity, the most comprehensive and continually updated view of any company in the Data Cloud.

To Get a Dun & Bradstreet D-U-N-S Number

click the blue button bellow.



What Is a SAM Registration?

The System for Award Management (SAM) is an official website of the U.S. government. There is no cost to use SAM. You can use this site for FREE to:

  • Register to do business with the U.S. government
  • Update or renew your entity registration
  • Check status of an entity registration
  • Search for entity registration and exclusion records


To register in SAM click the blue buttone below.